Reference No. THE 8/201 5
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT, COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKS
Invitation for Expression of Interest in Granting Individual Rights of Use and Exploitation of Satellite
Resources of the Republic of Cyprus at the Geostationary Orbital Position 55.5o East
1. The Director of the Department of Electronic Communications (DEC) of the Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works, as the Competent Authority, invites all interested parties to submit a statement of interest in granting them an individual right of use and exploitation of the following satellite resources of the Republic, which have been assigned to the Republic of Cyprus by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-BR IFIC 2760 (Space Services) dated. 7 .1.2014).
2. The aim of this expression of interest is to assess market interest in order to implement the appropriate authorisation procedure for granting the individual right of use of such satellite resources, i.e., either by a negotiation procedure with more than one person, either by a negotiation procedure with a single person, either by a procedure of amending existing authorisation, pursuant to the provisions of the Radiocommunications Laws of 2002, as amended, and the Radiocommunications (Competition and Negotiation Procedures) Regulations 2002, as amended.
Special Section No.
3. The lowest price at which the Competent Authority is willing to grant the individual right of use is €16.000 (sixteen thousand euros), which may be increased depending on market interest and the authorisation procedure that will be applied. Note that this amount is a fixed amount to be paid by the interested party with the granting of individual rights of use and does not include additional administrative fees that will be determined through the authorisation procedure.
4. It is emphasized that interested parties that will not submit this statement of interest will not be allowed to participate at any stage of the authorisation procedure that will be applied.
5. Interested parties are invited to submit a written statement of interest by 22 January 2016 at 12.00pm, to the Director of the Department of Electronic Communications, Strovolos Avenue 286 Strovolos (Mailing Address: PO Box 24 647 130 2 Nicosia), phone: + 357-22-814854, fax: + 357-22-321925, email : firstname.lastname@example.org. This statement of interest should be accompanied by the details of the interested party (type of company or organization, a brief description of ownership / shareholding structure, activities, address, contact person, etc.). It is noted that the statements of interest received after the above date and time will not be considered.
Department of Electronic Communications
31 December 2015