“Road safety” is not just a concept; it has a direct impact on our day to day lives. As the commitments signed by the stakeholders play a major role in improving road safety at national levels, your involvement in depicting correct and incorrect road safety situations is also valuable.
Send us examples of good and bad practices on road safety from your street, city, country and we will publish them on the Summer Contest 2010 page.
All you have to do is to write a short story or to record a road safety image (video or photo, adding an explanatory text) and send it to us. By this, you already subscribed to the ERSC Summer Contest 2010.
How to participate
1. Take pictures (maximum 5), record videos with some suggestive road safety situations (positive or negative) OR write a short story about a road safety situation you have witnessed.
3. Sent them by e-mail at email@example.com. The message should contain “Summer Contest 2010” in the title.
4. Add an explanation to the pictures and all the contact details of the author (e-mail, phone number, full name, city, country).
5. You must have the copyright for the pictures and videos (ERSC website does not assume any responsibility for the pictures/videos submitted) and for the submitted texts. The pictures should be in JPG, JPEG, PNG or GIF format. If you have videos uploaded on Dailymotion, Google, YouTube send only the link.
6. Tell your friends to participate in the ERSC Summer Contest 2010. Promote the contest on your blog or website using the promotion banner (available by contacting the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org).
7. Closing date for participation: 3 October 2010.
Rules and regulations
The European Commission is the organiser of the European Road Safety Charter Summer Contest 2010, open to all European citizens and residents of the European Union who Register on the ERSC website www.erscharter.eu.
Participants must briefly describe road safety practices following these technical guidelines:
- Short story: Maxim 200 words, in any official language of the European Union;
- Photo: Maximum 5 pictures in one gallery in JPG, JPEG, PNG or GIF format. The file should not exceed 2 MB and should be larger than 70x70 pixels;
- Video: The file format should be an URL link or an embaded link (with the video uploaded on Dailymotion, Google, YouTube);
- The explanatory texts for the pictures and videos can be in any official language of the European Union and provide their correct names and contact details (the e-mail is very important);
- Submissions will be accepted between 14 June 2010 and 3 October 2010.
* Data protection. The personal data participants provide will be used by P.A.U. Education, S.L., Muntaner 262, 3, 08021 Barcelona (Spain), for the purpose of this contest and in order to inform participants of forthcoming European Road Safety Charter events.
5 week-ends for two people (at their choice) in one of the following European capitals (signatories of the European Road Safety Charter):
- Brussels (Belgium)
- Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Dublin (Ireland)
- Madrid (Spain)
- Wien (Austria)
Based on the submissions received, a jury appointed by the European Commission administration will choose 5 winners before the end of October 2010:
The jury will base its decision on the following aspects: originality, consistency with road safety issues, innovation and creativity;
- 5 most original submissions will be awarded with one of the 5 prizes;
- The decision of the jury is irrevocable and may not be appealed;
- No cash alternative is available for the prizes.